PENNIWELLS SADDLE CLUB:Not running at this time – We will update as when it reconvene in the future.
It’s a fun enjoyable learning experience – not only do you get to ride but you learn how to look after the ponies too. Grooming, tacking up, mucking out, leading and much more.
The Saddle Club has been a great success – We are keen for it to continue and provide even more opportunity for our riders to be a part of it . Club runs term time only.
Those who have already been attending the club have had a fantastic time learning new skills, passing tests and making new friends – the clubs are open to all levels of ability (volunteer dependent for numbers) so please fill in an application form if you are interested.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
- When will it run? Not running at this time
- Who can join? Any existing rider already riding regularly at Penniwells
- Do you have to give up your weekly riding space to attend the club? Not straight away – The aim long term will be that the Saddle Club will replace your usual riding slot – This is to enable us to use the slots you move out of to undertake more assessments and to take on new riders therefore greatly reducing the waiting list
- How much will it cost? Details in the classroom
- How many spaces are there? There will be 20 places on offer with riders split into appropriate groups of ability – A waiting list will be kept and riders will be replaced if they are not attending regularly
- How do you apply? An application is available at The Centre
- Do parents/carers have to stay for the duration? This is assessed on an individual basis as we cannot provide personal care – Please ask when you apply
- Do you get refreshments? Yes squash, water and biscuits will be provided and there will be time to socialise between sessions with other riders and volunteers
What have our Saddle Club riders achieved?? Follow the link to see Sarah’s Presentation at The RDA National AGM all about the Penniwells Saddle Club