- Print and complete the PDF form below with you or your childs GP/Physio or specialist.
- Send the completed and signed forms back to Penniwells RDA Centre as soon as possible.
- You or your child will now be placed on the waiting list at present 73 applicants.
- When an appropriate space becomes available you will be contacted by a member of staff at our centre to arrange an assessment. (Please note spaces are more likely to be offered quicker if you can ride during the week during school hours
- Weekends and after school are our most popular times)
- At the assessment future times of riding sessions will be discussed.
- On the day of your first session the first payment can be made by cheque, following that a standing order paid quarterly will be required.
- Any cancellations and holidays must be notified as soon as possible.
- Enjoy your sessions and ask about anything you are not sure about.
Each rider is provided with a leader and either 1 or 2 side helpers as is required – some may not need a side helper at all – all this is assessed on your first ride. We teach all our riders to really ride their ponies therefore will encourage them to become independent of the side help and leaders if and when they are able to do so. All riders are encouraged to ride with & without stirrups as the disability allows along with progression of ridden skills.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Correct dress in required to ensure the safety of riders, volunteers and ponies.
- Hats can be borrowed from the centre.
- Wellies or short boots – they must have a small heal to prevent the foot from going through the stirrup and becoming stuck. No Trainers!
- Jogging bottoms or tracksuits bottoms are fine. Jeans are uncomfortable and can rub badly.
- T-shirts with sleeves are ideal. No shorts, vest or short tops in the summer. Loose sweat shirt and a non-flapping or rustling coat which can be done up.
- Gloves – not mittens.
- No jewellery
- If you have long hair it should be tied back
Please arrive in enough time for your session – if you are more than 10 mins late then sadly you will not be allowed to join the session as it disrupts the rest of the ride. If you are held up please phone so we know you are on your way.
Some schools and colleges use ASDAN as a learning programme – RDA support this so please speak to your Instructor and teacher if your child is interested in this as part of their riding.
If you require any further information please email email@example.com or phone 0208 207 4525.
Please note that due to the level of demand we do run a waiting list system. At present it is approx. 6 months to 1 year before a place becomes available. However, if you are flexible as to when you can come for sessions it may be quicker than this. We do apologise for any long waits and we really do try our best to fit people in as quickly as possible.
Please Note: We do not contact you to say your application has arrived – If you would like confirmation of its arrival then please send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org